Dick Landy's 1964 Dodge 330
· This is the original, factory-built 1964 Dodge 330 aluminum front end 426 Hemi race car (one of about 55 built), given new by Dodge to Dick Landy
· Lightweight aluminum components include hood, front fenders, front bumper and supports, and radiator shroud (’64 was the final year that the lightweight package was NHRA-legal)· A864 426-c.i. Race Hemi engine, with dual 770 CFM Holley 4-barrel carbs on an aluminum cross ram intake
· Iron K type heads, 12.5:1 compression, Doug's headers
· TorqueFlite automatic transmission with pushbutton shift
· The FIRST factory-built 426 Hemi car to win a sanctioned drag racing event: MP/A class win at Hot Rod Magazine/NHRA race, Riverside CA on Jun 12, ’64
· Set track record at Lions raceway July 11, 1964 with an 11.14 E.T.
· Converted by Landy to A/FX in September 1964, using a straight front axle (from a Dodge A100 van) to reduce weight, then moving the front wheels 6” forward and the 8¾” rear axle 8” forward by relocating the spring hangers
· Considered to be the first 'Funny Car' (it just looked funny at the time)
· Became the first 'stocker' to hit 130 MPH in the quarter mile at San Fernando,in November 1964
· Silver exterior, red interior, column-mounted 8,000RPM tachometer
· Unique extra tail lights
· Restored in 2015 to late-1964 competition specs
We are monitoring news of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its potential impact. In an effort to protect our volunteers, staff and to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus we will be closed to the public until further notice. Public safety is important to us. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date on further changes.
Mondays & Fridays: 12pm-4:30pm